Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Favourite things since my last post


1. Dyeing my hair. (This photo was taken a few months ago during my "blue period" but this is a regular occurrence. :D) Might stick with blonde for now though.
2. My studio space being reasonably tidy.
3. Gregory Peck on the warpath.
4. Working! My sketch of the Vogue UK cover for March. (link)
5. Lomography!
6. This photo of one of my dogs, Pook!
7. Driving at night.
8. Truro Cathedral and the surrounding mish-mash of architecture.
9. Caving in and buying an iPhone.

It's been a while since I last posted but I've had a lot of unblogworthy things going on lately. In a fit of organisation, I've decided to move posts on my own illustration work to another blog - http://lauraloveday.blogspot.com/. I've also been busy with work and sorting a new site for my portfolio using Behance Pro. It's much cleaner and easier to update and I highly recommend it for anyone with an online portfolio. It's as painless as it gets and very reasonable.


Finally, it's been html a go-go on all fronts as I've also had a tweak of this blog to try and pretty it up a bit. Seeing all the beautiful, inspiring blogs on the interwebz has made me think that I should make more of an effort with mine and give it more direction. I'd like to have more dressmaking and crafting posts on here so hopefully that will show in upcoming posts.


The other exciting thing is that I'm writing a book with my mum! No, really! It's a collection of ghost stories from the area I live in so we're busy compiling, researching, writing, visiting places, taking photos and illustrating. We have a really clear idea in our heads of what we would like the book to be like and it's something a bit different to the norm, I think, and in a good way! My mum brought me up on ghost stories (which explains a lot of my general weirdness) so it's really lovely to be creating my own book as a joint effort with her.


Hope you're all keeping well. Take care. xxx

2 comments:

Kailey said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

SQUEE. The new layout looks S T U N N I N G *__*

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@KaileyThank you so much, lovely! xxxx

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xxx