Friday, 30 March 2012

Sew Retro


Here follows a bit of a girly post about *drumroll* sewing!

As a refresh course in dressmaking, I signed up for a Craftsy online course with Gretchen Hirsch of Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing, a blog I've loved for years. Gertie is a girl after my own heart with her love of details, couture techniques and vintage style. On the course, she teaches you how to make a "bombshell" dress. A list of materials is included, as is the pattern, which you print out. It's a brilliant course so far. There are in-depth videos to cover every stage of the make, and a platform to ask questions if you need to. This course is an absolute bargain. I've learned more about dressmaking during this than I did during the whole first year studying fashion design at university. Plus, it's a damn sight cheaper.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! xxx